How To Check Earth Resistance With Megger?
How to measure ground resistance with a megger:
- Connect the test lead to the L port of the megameter.
- Connect the Megger’s E connection to the ground.
- Apply the test voltage for approximately one minute until a stable reading is achieved.
- Record the insulation value.
- Because the handle of the Megger ground tester rotates at a constant speed, it displays ground resistance directly on a calibrated dial or scale.
- Obtain a series of readings by burying the P electrode in different locations.